10 Famous Funny Commercials
These ads are included:
1. Cinesite Studios, “Beans”, also called “Not for Austronauts” or the “Astronaut Ad” from 2013, a mock ad – the non-existent Haynes Baked Beans only resemble Heinz – for the famous visual effects and feature animation studio known for movies like Harry Potter, Avengers: Infinity War, Captain America: Civil War, and others whose logo appears at the end. This hillarious commercial is often shown but not always understood. It won Gold for Best Web Viral at the AEAF awards. The music is Sons of War by Two Steps from Hell.
2. Doritos, “Ultrasound”/“Birth” from the 2016 Super Bowl was a highly controversial, yet extremely funny commercial that still has its fans and opponents
3. Kia niro, “Hero” with Melissa McCarthy from the 2017 Super Bowl, also refered to as “I love Whales!” that got a lot of press and features Bonnie Tyler’s “Holding our for a hero”
4. Kia, “The Truth” from the Super Bowl 2014 with Laurence Fishburne as Morpheus from Matrix, Paisley McCollum, the song is Nessun dorma (“None shall sleep” in Italian), the aria from the final act of Giacomo Puccini’s opera Turandot from 1924, completed by Franco Alfano in 1926, here in a shortened version sung by John Kimberling
5. Shadow of War, “Not today, Brian” from 2017 for the video game, also known for its line “Nothing will be forgotten”
6. Heinz Tomato Ketchup, “Wiener Stampede”, the adorable ad from the 2016 Super Bowl, part of the “Meet the Ketchups” promotion
7. Volkswagen VW Passat, “The Force”, also called “Darth Vader” from 2011 Super Bowl – this extended version was seen by 8 million viewers online before the game, a huge success at this time, during the game a shorter version was aired, later other versions/sequels followed, a game-changing commercial a lot of media was talking about and many people still enjoy.
8. Clash Of Clans, “Revenge” with Liam Neeson as his famous character from Taken for the Super Bowl 2015, also famous for its line “You will regret the day you crossed AngryNeeson52”
9. Old Spice, “Jungle Wilderness” from the 2011 Danger Zone campaign by Wieden + Kennedy Portland with Neal Bledsoe and the famous line “You smell like you look – amazing” (the most amazing thing, though, is the line “Dramatization only. Do not attempt.” in the bottom right corner at 7:21 – who would attempt THAT?)
10. Wix, “Disruptive World” with Gal Gadot, the new Wonder Woman and Jason Statham from The Expandables and Transporter for the cloud-based web development platform for the Super Bowl 2017 in the extended version – with more than 22.6 million views online it was the most-seen commercial before the game. It was shot by the French Louis Leterrier who directed the Transporter films, Unleashed, The Incredible Hulk, Clash of the Titans and Now You See Me in Barcelona with estimated costs for producing and broadcasting somewhere around 14 millions dollars. The music is “Human” by James Leibow & James Wells, it was composed for the commercial and is not available somewhere else.